Monday, August 4, 2008

^V^Former TA expert 's comment on Singh/ TA = Gambling ^V^



CPO Trader said...
From what Darlie Singh said:

"Well, if one is a trend following trader (trend following traders typically want a go signal from either trend following indicators such as MACD, Moving Averages, or a bullish looking chart pattern), then, Parkson does not fit the criteria. MACD is still moving downwards. EMAs across many durations are pointing downwards, even a downtrend is visible since the peak on 2 Jan 2008. So, trend-following traders would probably wait for the downtrend trend to reverse itself first, before thinking of jumping in. These include break-out traders as well."

As a former trend follower, I do not think Trend follower is so complicated. For me, to differentiate a trend follower with TA is to look at how complicated thier analysis could be. Here,"MACD is still moving downwards. EMAs across many durations are pointing downwards, even a downtrend is visible since the peak on 2 Jan 2008". This is definately not a good trend following. It is a TA nia!
Breakout traders? Ha. A breakout traders' system is even simple compares to trend following. (I am a breakout trader as I deal with all commodities rather than shares)For the past few years, I do not even need any of TA stuff. Even a simple metastock is no important at all. What I need is a price.

Then, on this point also....So, trend-following traders would probably wait for the downtrend trend to reverse itself first, before thinking of jumping in. These include break-out traders as well If you follow merely M.Covel's book and the theory of trend following, of course there is a chance you will wait for the trend! But, how do u know thw trend is correct? For those good traders I know (whether on commodities,forex, currency, etc), good trend follower are always in the market as they would not like to miss a huge trend.As for breakout traders, I lagi emphasis to stay always in the market.Why jump in jump out since you are adapting a trend following stuff? That was pure TA!

Nowadays, I am starting to realise why Unker Sam hate those TA fellow. I myself having the same feeling. Darlie is one person here. Those in www.bizfun.cc lagi funny. Claim to be expert and wanna take RM 7000 for his course to teach people TA! Look at his suspicious FKLI recommendation. some even said that CPO cannot play (in fact I think CPO topic dead off long time ago) Unker Sam, u really made the right choice for not joining them. if you joined them last time, I am a real culprit then. (for recommend you to them)

Lastly,sorry to leave so much of irrelevant stuff in your blog. Hope you do not mind.Anyway, can you show me the web address of this Darlie?I really keen to read on what he said. Thank you so much.
Keep up your good work. Cheers!



Unker Sam:
U can mail me at cpotrader@gmail.com. But, mail me abang darlie's web address, not his email address. I do not want to know him at all! lol!Just wanna see what he wrote so far!

Yes, I am a former TA. A real TA who knows almost everything (I am so ashamed that I know so much about TA). So, what is the reason I do not practice TA anymore? Since I mentioned I know almost everything about TA, let’s do it one by one from the basic. TA beginner normally start with trend line drawing and pattern recognition (flag lar, triangle lar, etc). As a TA learner getting smart with such a “SUBJECTIVE” stuff, they tend to become smart in drawing. At the end, because they are getting smart; each time they can draw different line or identify different pattern at different time zone. The best part is they can also 出猫. How they do it? Sometimes, they can adjust the line a bit the next day or so, just to show that their analysis still intact! I am a very stubborn person. If you tell me the line should be this way, I will not accept even a small alteration. At the end, how high is the winning possibility? I would say; the best is 50-50!

Ok, let’s move on with a higher TA skill. Let’s talk about indicators. (I don’t care what type of indicators it is – be it a trending, non-trending, whatever) If you check with any TA experts: which indicator is the best? Their answers most probably will be this: the best indicator is the one I am showing you right now – a chart which already happen and the said person found it hard just to show how good that indicator is. Please then randomly choose another chart and ask him to pick up the same value using the same ‘splendid’ indicator. Can he? To make this assumption simple, I think all traders know metastock; there is an option call ‘system tester’. So, the said option is to help traders find the best choice in selecting which TA tools to use. In another words, even the software itself do not know which system is the best. In fact, if you go and test one by one, you would be surprised that each different type of product (even between different shares) needs different tools in order to optimize it. Sometimes, the worst part is: you find zero system is suitable for trading purpose. So, how high again for such a higher skill tool? For me,still 50-50 nia! Correct me if I am wrong: I think unker Sam’s FA at least are quite firm. Not sometimes happen, then sometimes not happen. But, TA indicators really ‘keng’ one: sometimes appear and most of the time disappear.

So, a TA trader would argue this way: we can optimize with the combination of few tools. For example, one moving average is not enough. Then, add two. Still not enough? Add three lor! Still not enough? Add until you can see rainbow lor! (Guppy Multiple MA lar). My only question is: how high is the reliability? For me, the most is still 50% nia! So, why it is so great if the chances of winning still in 50%?

Ok, since everything is 50-50; there is still a chance that a trader would win in long run; that is, a trader must win huge and loss small. So, how to do it? TA guys will say: simple nia! Put some stop loss and let profit run! Ok, let’s talk about stop loss first. My question is damn simple, how to put your stop loss? A static 10%, 20% or using candlestick, Fibonacci, ect? At the end, the results might still be 50-50 as each method of stop loss will only guarantee you of one thing – it is either correct or wrong! So, what’s the difference? Ok, if the stop was correct on 50% of all trades, it will still be considered as good. What about this way, the stop trigger too early and at the end, you miss a big profit because you had been trigger out! Basically, stop loss supposed to act as an opposite tool against running with profit. But, sometimes it could turn out to be a good block for good profit running! Yes, you can reenter when you had been mistakenly force out. what if you miss also on the reenter? What is you reenter and then kena your stop again? In a consolidation market, there is a great chance that such a situation will happen umpteen times. Ok, ok….. you can use a tool like Wilder’s ADXR to test the volatility so that you won’t jump into consolidation? Heh….. take some investigation on why Wilder created the whole set of ADX, ADXR stuff? Do you think he wanna help us avoid consolidation?

Lastly, let’s touch about letting the profit run. That was very important for commodities trader like me. So, what TA guys said? They also let profit run. But, I am sure they will never let profit run like what unker Sam did with stocks. Unker Sam, sorry to said that (hope you don’t mind that I am comparing myself to sifu level like you), but I am also like u on my commodities trading. As long as my own rules intact, I see no reasons to run at all. Why jump in jump out when you are so confident? Guess what, I hold before an EURO positions for more than one and a half year! Ok, back to TA, why I said they would not hold like us? They can’t do so as their skill ask them not to do so mah. For example, they might use Fibonacci! You and I know that the most Fibonacci can go is until 423.6%! After that, the job consider done. So, those TA experts would jump out and wait for retracement to buy back. My question is: what if there is no retracement? What if the said trader missed out the retracement as they do not know the retracement rest at 61.8% 0r 50%? So, again; it is all about 50-50 myth!

Unker, my English is no good and my explanations also a bit blur sometimes. (Hope you understand) My intention of writing all these is to answer your question. So, you have the right to publish it or not as I worried my broken angmoh and poor explanation will create havoc in your blog. Lol!

In short, why trust a tool with 50-50 chances most of the time? What is the necessary to have stop loss when I think a trader should concern more on the capital allocation? For me, a stop loss is a real burden. As for profit taking, I never limit myself with the TA tools anymore as by doing that, I might end up running in out in out and my average profits (if profits) becomes average at the end. So, that sums up my experiences with TA! As for my breakout system, I apologized for not be able to reveal so much. Cheers!

***

CPO Trader said...
Unker:

this tai chek kong Seng is really tai chek kong plus 出猫王 . I leave a message on one of his article, namely 'Trading FKLI, CPO'. But, he doesn't dare to post it also even though it was a very polite message from me. My intention is simple. I found it misleading, so I thought wanna kepoh a bit. However, it looks like this tai chek kong is someone who is quite stubborn and not open-minded at all.

Anyway, human beings are funny sometimes. If wanna learn, go learn with those winners mah. why learn with someone who is half tanker? Funny, ha.......

Alex
Seng: Anyway, I think that's my last comment live on FCPO here ... It's now up to you to guess whether I have a position or don't have a position ... this is serious money at stake here ...

Guess what???? Have or no have only mah.....

31 Jul 08, 10:33
Seng: 3030 15 points. Easy money or is it???

Easy money? A game with margin which had been increased from rm8k to rm 11k only looking for 15 points? are you joking? In this bear run, good traders are easily holding more than 400 points of paper profits at the moment!No joke! That's the real value of high leveraging. 15 points? I showed you a better path: go play a mini contract of spot forex better! That also you must choose those without volatility. Otherwiese, it's a real waste!Put it this way,be practical on where to park your money and be practical on your return too. Do not look for a return which is so low and yet, the risk is so high. 50-50 again? no way, TA man!

31 Jul 08, 10:33
Seng: FCPO approaching 3030 ... I hope they haven't read this cbox ...

who's going to read your cbox? crocodile? croc wont have time for that lar... to trap small players from the cbox to earn what? 15 points?

I am not try to be harsh here. But, do not misleading people ler....

Unker: sorry again to add something.... feel free to delete it if you feel unnecesarry. cheers

35 comments:

FA investor said...

No wonder most of seng's pick gone holland , he is merely a half tanker TA blogger, really pity those who follow his calls.

Dreamer said...

Sifu Sam,

KLSE drop badly today & do you have any comments on current market situation or for next two weeks??

thanks and regards

Samgoss said...

yk, YES as expected, mkt coming down from 1,160 , as i said, i dont think we see d bottom yet , once xxxxx hit 0.50, buy in stages as per my email.

I dont feel sad seeing KLCI coming down n oso wont feel happy seeing klci going up ^V^

916 is approaching , let see what will happen next.

Samgoss said...

To all, CPO answers to backhander singh as below >>>

From: This sender is DomainKeys verified "CPO Trader" cpotrader Add sender to Contacts To: samltt88
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Bro:The blue colour one is my reply. You can put it on your blog. Thanks

Seng: Painful, but not as painful as the FCPO guy who was long at 3500 or 3400 and still holding on today. This month, the margins have been increased to $11k from $8k, further creating more pain ... in fact, I think most would be wiped out by now if they were long, even if they only invest a small % of their capital ...

CPO TRADER :
I thought you guys said stop loss so so important? Holding long from 3500 until today? That was real nuts and even crazy than someone who hold short without stop loss until today. as for 11k to 8k, do you know that there is something called money management? Money management is not only about stop loss. it is about how to control your margin requirement too. It was also related to the usage of capital. I think if a trader failed to do this, there is no point to gung-ho with TA skill! Get some basic first, my dear!


5 Aug 08, 10:34tk: hold lor.. kakaka
5 Aug 08, 10:33Moolah: Well.. if one had bought Parkson above 7.00 as per his advice... how?


5 Aug 08, 10:33mydreamgetrich: 2650 2650 2650... too bad too chicken to short big yesterday
5 Aug 08, 10:31Moolah: OMG what's Capital Dynamics talking about???
5 Aug 08, 10:31Seng: And lectured me about not stopping loss ... he claims he has studied FCPO since year 2000 ... very, very dangerous advice, so, I didn't publish his comments ...

CPO TRADER:
I dare not lecture. Please do not simply accused me. Somemore, please do not accuse me that I studied CPO market since 2000. I traded much much earlier than that with commodities all over the world. Yes, maybe dangerous advices. But, at least try to publish, so that there is a healthy discussion. It is at least better than earning 15 points with the margin stands at RM 8k previously. That lagi dangerous!


5 Aug 08, 10:30grabber: you burn, you tak sedap
5 Aug 08, 10:30Seng: Apparently, according to a certain "CPO Trader" - he has written to me twice ...

CPO TRADER:
I tried to have an open discussion. but not being allowed ler.......


5 Aug 08, 10:30mydreamgetrich: guarantee cut one
5 Aug 08, 10:30grabber: you hold you burn
5 Aug 08, 10:30Moolah: Future players no use cut loss meh? :nuts"

CPO TRADER:
Why future players must have cut loss? What is the necesarry of cut loss if you are so sure about your positions? This is not like 50-50 tool! I have certain confidence.


5 Aug 08, 10:30mydreamgetrich: fcpo not like share.. cannot hold one..

CPO TRADER:
who said FCPO cannot be hold? If FCPO cannot be hold, what is the point of rolling over? So, what did I do when active month contract changed? I am holding my FCPO since quite some time ago. Check my holding status ler........


5 Aug 08, 10:29Seng: The ones who didn't believe in cut loss ...
5 Aug 08, 10:29mydreamgetrich: tat one.. all margin call .. cut liao la
5 Aug 08, 10:29Seng: dreamy, don't forget those who still hold long since 3500 ... ***

Samgoss said...

to all, i just got some insider shocking news , cant release here..

something big is on going , not anwar under arrest but.....

just stay aside n do nothing !

If what he said is true , XXXXX < 35 cts is highly possible , pls take note ! not only xxxxx, all across d board ! u see blood all across d board ^V^

Ha ha ha someone days r numbers , ben , cyt, TL, tailow n herbet.. sound familiar right ?..u should know who i refer to as " someone days r numbers " !!!

Benjamin said...

Sam, how reliable is your source? Does it mean I have cut loss on all the counters I have holding right now? :{ you sound very scary ...

elizabeth said...

Sam, today market down 20 pts.. plantation kaput! Commodity also no good... Oil go up, share price plunge. Oil go down, share price cannot naik.....

Bursa is a sad story right now.... Lets hope, after the storm we can see rainbow.

Keep us posted, pls.

BZ said...

Shockin Insider news? If u cannot reveal openly in ur site can u email to me please at aquadis1@yahoo.com


Warm Regards
BZ

Calvin said...

Hi sam,
I have been following your blog quite some time however i notice you are not putting some of the info in your mailing list, mind adding me to the list pls? would really love to learn more FA method from you

thanks!

chok0879@gmail.com

Samgoss said...

wowww... i hv rec'd lots of emails ever since i posted d shocking insider news in my blog..ha ha.. n today XXXXX went down despite d 7 points rise in klse,,, my posting so influential ah ? ha ha

dont ask me how reliable d news is , cos i am not d executer , i hv rec's email from newbie saying he also got d same news as i did , that's y he disposed off all his genting yesterday ^V^

Believe it or not, it is up 2 u cos it is only a insider news ,remember this , whether u chop, take profit or hold got nothing to do with me , i told u this is to prevent u guys from buying in more .

as for me , i hv taken profit on those which i bought at low , follow or not..u decide ^V^

if d news turn up to be "Kin " one ..ha ha u c what i c ^V^

if d insider news turn up to be "lau liu", u curse what they curse ha ha

try to figure out this >>> " SMELL LIKE SHIT " !!! can u ?

Newbie said...

Dear Sam,

Ha ha so that mean both of us received the same shocking news of our local political scene. I dont think our market will go up bcos of the coming by election that expected Anwar will win handsomely and also the coming budget and Sept 16th just around the corner. Market will stay cautious and with downward bias.

Regards,
Newbie

AhLee8888 said...

taste like shit....?!!!

myke8888 said...

Uncle Sam...
Smell like shit.. Look like shit ??
Sounds familiar ?
Need more clues lah..
Rgds.

myke8888 said...

Uncle Sam...
He does look like shit. I hope he rots in hell.

118 said...

$ifu, just watched foreign "BREAKING NEWS" (either CNBC or Bloomberg) saying tat Anwar will b charged with sodomy case on thursday.
Had disposed my 14 lots of xxxxx which i bought @ average 0.54 just in case d "shocking news" really happens.

BZ said...

Dear Sam and newbie,

Haiyo I am in deep suspense about the shocking news. What lah is the shocking news. I need to know to decide whether to sell my counters including the XXXXXX counter but that will mean taking a loss

BZ

Samgoss said...

2 118 , anwar get arrested is shocking news ? that one already expected liaoo....

shocking news means something which u never expected one ! that called shocking news mah...

btw, 2 all, please dont email me anymore asking what is d shocking news..ok ?

told u guys oledi..

what is "Smell like shit "?

if u get it..good !

if u dont ..sorry that's all i can tell ^V^

Joe8 said...

i get what u mean...Malaysia memang boleh....

Samgoss said...

aiyohhh....so many emails asking what is smell like shit !!!tak boleh tahan liaoooo....

told u oledi..smell like shit is not singh's holland picks though his backhand picks r really smell like shit but not him lahhhh

ok..last clue

what is smell like shit in bahasa ?

if u still dont get it..sorry bro..god also cannot help u liaoooo...

Unknown said...

"Bau macam najis"?

Dreamer said...

Sifu Sam,

Opsssss, market close when i read ur blog. i think tomolo i will dispose all my shares.

hope the news dont announce by tonight better on tomolo morning9.15am if the "thing" is true.

God bless me...

Giap Seng said...

Sifu,

Let me guess, PAS will join BN to form government?

Please kindly add me to your mailing list.
utmseng@hotmail.com

Giap Seng

ees said...

too bad, it is Do or Die for smell like shit.

When Anwar was dragged to court, the "shit" of the smell like shit will be exposed and shit will eventually be brought down.

Shit has to announce to challenge AAB. No matter how he has to strike AAB already. No choice already. This is very political uncertainty for Malaysia. KLCI will be the first impacted BIG BIG time.

Felix Ooi said...

Guys and gals out there dont get overpanic. Wait and see. Its not all HELL yet.

det said...

Hi All,

The answer is obvious!! Sounds scary? Personally, i think...situation is worst but not the end of the world.

Don't misunderstood Sam's intention. His intention is to prevent u guys from buying in more. He has taken profit on those which he bought at low ONLY, did he say he dispose all????

Newbie said...

today is just the begining of more shit to come. Sit tight.

Dreamer said...

still left few lots in hand, wait for sifu sam's TP then go in again.

Samgoss said...

Panic ?? det is right, i took profit is 4 for safe play n profit maximising , if u cant manage to do that..dont worry, d price that u bought is still considered cheap in long term ^V^ y worry ?

Further more , d insider news might not come true in short term also , ( but sure happen in next 12 months ), i was shock when he said it is coming soon in 2 weeks time , my earlier estimation is after ?????.

One more thing , i said 0.35 for xxxxx is not something impossible, i did mentioned about all across d board..means all not only XXXXX, if xxxxxx reach 0.35, what about genting, resorts n parkson ?? all < 3.50 ???

There is nothing wrong in xxxx's FA , just that when mkt crash down , no stocks r able to go against d gravity, that what i mean !

even i hv taken some profit on xxxx, i still left some in hand, when time is right, i will reenter again, that's 4 sure ^V^


Old saying..dont fing, u ding u ding ^V^

Samgoss said...

CYT just told me that someone posted up my alert in

http://cforum1.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=1302904&extra=page%3D1

wowwww.... i am so influential meh ? OMG..what is this >>>
恐怖袭击 - Smell Like Shit - 生化武器??? ha ha ha... joke of d century !!
this one even worst >>>

明天也就是今晚,以色列是否會偷襲 iran還是美國會攻打iran,我覺的以色列會比美國來的可能會攻擊,而且明天過後就是奧運會了。

六國談判被iran否決了,而且更講明不回復六國所提的條件。


ha ha ..u think i am g bush 's right hand man ah ?

This one is even worst >>>

Smell Like Shit - 马来人不喜欢闻到猪的味道 - 排华
Hey bro... this is too sensitive, dont play fire ok ?

2 those who posted d above, to be very frank, yr guess is extremerly radiculous ! make sense plsssss ^V^

conclusion, dont guess anymore, just stay away from share mkt 4 d time being, that's all !!!

tan81 said...

seems like all just rumors.
PAS doesn't pakat UMNO.
Anwar doesn't through out more shit.

Only RPK has new proof. Of coz, more report to show the fake sodomy.

waiting Uncle SAM geng geng info.

let's wait.

Benjamin said...

Haha Sam, I really enjoy the cari forum comment, especially this one: 马来人不喜欢闻到猪的味道 - 排华!!!!

God damn funny....

Samgoss said...

Hi guys , another joke of d century by singh >>

8 Aug 08, 10:05
Seng: Like this, what about Boon Koon? P/E only 1.67 times ... cheep, cheep man ... even better than Scomi ... go and buy in bulk then!

8 Aug 08, 10:05
mickey: dreamy, r u a planters ?

Ha ha ha ..this show he really know nut about FA, no wonder he jumped into Gpacket @ 4.50 (PE >40)
larrr..

Bkoon PE 1.67 ??? OMG ! tell me how u get PE 1.67 ??? come kid... tell me plsss !

U calculate based on its past year eps of 12 cts ?? ha ha OMG OMG !

look at its latest earning , eps = 1cts, 1 x 4 = 4 cts for year 2008, how to get PE 1.67 ?? how ?? ha ha

its bs is like shit, cash flow tight ! n eps coming dowm from peak, that's y u c what u c now !

Faham singh ? dont mislead newbies with yr silly understanding of PE ! no wonder all yr picks gone holland lah..u calculate PE n FA in such a way ah ?? ha ha

Newbie said...

Dear Sam,

I want to point to you that there might be a wind fall tax on utilities & gaming for the coming budget, that mean YTLPOWR, TNB, BJTOTO, GENTING, etc.. might be in for a roller coaster ride. Well for me i guess i'll be waiting for the "durian runtuh".

Best of luck.

Newbie

det said...

Some interesting reads but very long worr....

停滞膨胀时代! 你准备好了么?

【本刊特约吴以伦撰述】2008年的6月注定是马来西亚历史上不平凡的一个月,在这个月里政府连续出台许多非常有“魄力”的政策,改变许多人的生活,也可能影响国家经济增长前景及政治情况。

许多人常以面积大小区分一个国家为“大国”或者“小国”,但在这个全球经济前景不明朗的时候,经济对外依存度高而且经济总量较小的“小国”,其受到的“伤害”更加显而易见。不幸的是,马来西亚这个“小国”,现在已被一些著名金融机构认定为是个充满变数及风险的地方。

根据彭博社(Bloomberg)报道,著名投资银行高盛(Goldman Sachs)最近发布的研究报告指出,马来西亚已处于除越南以外,东南亚国家股市中最糟糕的情况。

越南现在怎样糟糕呢?首先就是其恶性通货膨胀已经失控。早在2007年10月,越南的消费物价指数(CPI)就已达到12%;今年以来情况不断恶化,刚刚过去的五月份,消费物价指数按年算已超过25%。

接着其货币明显贬值,股市持续暴跌。投资银行高盛近日发布报告称,越南可能会加快其货币越南盾的跌势;德意志银行(Deutsche Bank)则表示,越南盾未来数月“将会贬值30%”。

越南股市也持续下跌,股指从1000点附近跌到不到400点的水平,跌幅接近六成。同期,越南胡志明市等地高企的房价也大幅下跌。

越南经济一瞬间如泡沫幻灭

另外,越南的外贸及财政财政纷纷出现“双赤字”。越南多年来持续出现进出口贸易逆差,2004年至2006年的逆差分别为55亿美元、47亿美元和51亿美元;2007的逆差就差过100亿美元,同比增长142%。越南政府的财政多年来也出现了持续的赤字,2004年至2006年,赤字分别为39.17万亿越南盾、51.77万亿越南盾和48.5万亿越南盾。

最后就是经济增长开始放缓。2007年越南的经济增长率为8.48%,而08年一季度则为7.4%,低于去年同期的7.8%。上个月越南政府还向国会提议将2008年越南经济增长率指标下调为7%。

2008年越南经济危机大事记

日期 事项
1月30日 利率调高1.5个百分点
3月初 国际货币基金组织(IMF)发出股市风险警告
3月10日 越南盾对美元浮动区间扩大到1%
3月下旬 越南盾急跌
4月下旬 出现大米抢购风潮
截至5月30日 越南盾兑美元贬值27%
5月下旬 股市全面下跌
5月 通胀率增至25.2%
1至5月 贸易赤字达144亿美元

然而,越南并非一个“泛泛”的国家。过去五年,越南保持国内生产总值(GDP)年均增长超过7.5%的纪录,远超亚洲大部分国家。高盛(Goldman Sachs)还曾在2005年11月撰写了第134号报告,将越南列入一个叫“N-11”(Next Eleven,新金砖11国)的组织中,认为这些国家可能在未来半个世纪内与“金砖四国”(BRICs,即巴西、俄罗斯、印度及中国)形成竞合关系,创造全新的世界政治经济版图。该报告还断言,越南将在未来十年之内赶超印尼和菲律宾,成为东盟(东协)十国中经济实力最强劲的经济体。

在2006年,越南股市还是全球最火热的市场之一。2006年全年越南主要股指涨幅高达145%,2007年上半年的越南股市仍然是非常火热,总市值从2006年的不到10亿美元猛增到100亿美元以上。

在此同时,许多金融机构的负责人对外宣称“越南经济已起飞”、“越南将是下一个中国”、“下一个世界工厂”之类的话一直不绝于耳,但许多人没有想到越南的经济一瞬间就像泡沫一样被吹灭了。

马来西亚将步越南后尘?

现在许多人都在猜测,越南之后下一个会是谁;很不幸的,马来西亚被视为其中一个可能性最高的国家。这种观点并非毫无根据,以时间顺序来说,几个月前一些国家就开始陆续爆发粮食危机,粮食价格高起,进而引发恶性通货膨胀,然后再造成政治动荡。前者的代表就是津巴布韦,他们现在就在发行以亿为单位的纸钞;后者的代表就是海地,海地政府因为无法控制通货膨胀而被迫更换国家领导人。

津巴布韦及海地的情况对我们来说还有点遥远,但不能忽略一个事实:我们的粮食自给率也就70%左右而已,还有30%的粮食需要进口。但是这次全球范围内的粮食价格上涨,已经慢慢“升级”成为全球性粮食危机。

有资料显示,最近一年国际市场上各种食品的价格都非常明显:小麦将近90%、玉米超过60%、菜油72.7%、菜籽65.6%、大米37.6%、糖30%,而牛肉和猪肉的价格在许多地区也都不断的上涨。这时候,一些粮食出口国如印度、埃及、阿根廷、俄罗斯等许多国家,为了保障国内粮食供应,纷纷禁止或限制粮食出口。

如果事态继续恶化会,将对马来西亚产生什么影响呢?我们的粮食进口来源将受限制,粮食价格必然随之攀升,制造了通货膨胀,甚至社会动荡;其中有一个需要注意的事实是,短期内我们很难通过增产满足国内需求。

紧接着就是刚刚开始的六月,政府陆续上调燃油价格及电价。在这之前几天,政府还出台了一个限制境外交通工具在国内加油临时性措施,受影响最大的就是柔南地区,因为这里的消费主力就是新加坡旅客。

在这个政策出台之前,因为两国燃油价格存在巨大差距,许多新加坡人都喜欢在周末忍受拥挤的交通,过境到新山加油,再返回新加坡。上述措施最直接影响的人就是新山市民。就在大家讨论着是否需要由国家财政补贴外国车辆之际,政府宣布我们油价在隔夜之间上调至少40%。(相应的,那个“限外令”也就不了了之了)

可以想象的,隔夜调高油价及调高电价令全国哗然,因为我们长期生活在“低廉油价”的氛围里,政府也没有在提升公共交通、交通运输业及替代能源上有所作为,所以未来的问题会非常严重。

现在不单是群众的眼睛是“雪亮”的,在政府宣布调高国内燃油价格及电价之后,全球三大国际评级机构之一的惠誉国际(Fitch)也“相应的”上调我国2008年及2009年两年的通货膨胀预测,还对政府调马来西亚的经济增长前景持保守估计的态度。

石油输出国组织(OPEC)亚太地区唯一成员国――印尼――上个月上调油价之后,引发万人示威抗议,甚至为该国社会动荡埋下伏笔。在印尼,价格上涨属于敏感话题,稍微一点风吹草动,整个社会就会引起一阵风波;但是苏西洛政府必须考虑到政府再不提高油价,政府将会缺少足够财政收入维持政府预算平衡。或许这就是我国首相阿都拉巴达威的困境,在政府财政及通货膨胀之间的抉择。

恶性通膨时代来临

现在的高油价冲击着许多国家,日本兴起新一轮的企业合并重组,以减少成本提升竞争力;欧洲各国运输业者纷纷群起抗议高油价,推高了许多物品的价格;美国许多企业为了职员的出行成本,开始推出“四天工作制”。

在油价这个潘多拉(Pandora)盒子打开之后,许多长期被忽视的问题陆续浮出台面。由于我们的交通工具几乎都是使用燃油驱动,所以几乎所有有车人士都受到直接冲击。运输业者长期没有得到政府政策扶持及引导,除了价格之外几乎没有其他竞争力。公共交通提供者长期都在费用及过度竞争之间痛苦挣扎,所以我们常会听说巴士公司倒闭的新闻。渔民们使用船只及机械,长期没有得到政府升级换代的支持,油价上涨会使得许多渔民被迫停业或退出这个行业。

这一切意味着什么呢?高通货膨胀甚至是恶性通货膨胀时代的来临。

除了许多有车人士因出行成本上涨而选择其他交通方式,或减少出行,城市交通提供者也在努力施压,让政府允许他们提升价格,不然就会仿效其他国家业者停业抗议,学生巴士也可能因政府限制涨价而选择停运。顺带说一句,如果学生巴士停业罢工,那将影响许多家长,特别是中文学校的家长,别忘了许多孩子的求学地点及住家距离都非常遥远,超过10公里以上大有人在,步行去学校是非常困难的。

渔民们因为出海捕鱼所需油费过高,而且不能回收成本而选择“罢工”,一直到油费降低或者渔产价格上升之后才继续工作;在巴刹购买到的食品因为运输价格上涨而被迫上调价格,但是因为受到统制品价格管制的原因,许多小贩会选择“停业”,以免多余的损失。农民可能因没有人收购他们的作物,大量作物因而腐烂在田地里,或者他们的操作机械所需燃油也因成本过高而不能使用,这种情况会持续到政府“允许”价格上涨为止。我们甚至也可能因派报成本上升,而被迫购买更贵的报纸。

别忘记,现在只是提及燃油价格上涨的影响,电价上涨之后呢?我们现有的能源发电大部分主要依赖石油、水力及煤炭。现在国际上,燃油价格及煤炭价格都不断上涨,迫使政府必须“允许”电价上涨。

中小型企业命运堪虞

一般家庭必须想方设法减少使用或正确使用电器,甚至是购买节能电器;当然先决条件是大家有能力及意愿继续花费购买这些东西。然而,电价上涨主要冲击的群体不止是家庭,还有我们弱质(量)的小型企业。

许多中小型企业都没有什么核心竞争力、没有什么特出技术、没有什么市场运作手段、也没有什么大的金融支持、更别说有什么研发队伍。在这个全球化竞争的大背景之下,面对境外廉价产品的竞争,许多本土中小型企业能“明哲保身”的办法,就是用最低的成本营运。

为了减低劳动力成本,他们雇佣外籍劳工;为了减低土地租金,他们选择在偏僻或远离市区的地方设厂。碰巧我国之前的电费价格与其他国家相比还相对便宜,使得他们的营运费用相对较低;也碰巧我国之前的燃油价格也算便宜,降低了运输成本及雇员开车上班的成本。

然而,燃油价格及电价都上涨后,中小型企业会怎样呢?严谨点只能说不容乐观。最坏的情况会如何?大量中小型企业被迫停产或停业,雇员失业或待业在家,失业率上升,外籍劳工赋闲可能因此会提高社会动荡的可能性。雇员的房贷、车贷及信用卡因为没有能力偿还,再加上企业原有的贷款成为呆账甚至坏账,金融机构直接带来冲击,股市及汇市因为未来不确定影响开始大幅度下挫,最后引发另外一轮的金融危机。不过,这些都是建立在没有“充分根据”的假设罢了,不见得会如此糟糕。

政府上调燃油价格及电价后,许多人质疑作为石油净出口国的马来西亚为何不能享受低廉油价。几天后,首相阿都拉宣布一系列撙节措施,这些政策的核心就是努力减少支出;但问题接踵而来,这个减少支出的政策目的何在?刺激经济?显然不是,因为政府每年的支出减少马币20亿元会对经济产生连锁影响的。政府的目的显然是针对抑制通货膨胀,减少消费以平抑上涨的物价;但是,政府忽视了一个非常关键的问题:就业率。

经济成长没有惠及老百姓

1990年代以来,马来西亚政府已慢慢成为国内最大机构的化身。为了降低失业率,多年来不断吸纳国内大量新增劳动力,政府公务员人数轻易破百万人;按照统计局公布的数据,每十个就业人员之中就有超过一个人是公务员。政府现在尝试冻结新增非要职公务员及鼓励通过重组减少公务员,直接引发的就是失业率上升,因为人口新增劳动力不会因为政府减少聘请公务员而减少,这种情况要感谢我们种族主义的人口政策。

现在受到美国次级贷和全球经济前景黯淡冲击,许多人都认为马来西亚经济会受到牵连。早在去年国内著名经济智库马来西亚经济研究院(MIER)已宣布调低2008年的经济成长预测,由原来的5.8%下调至5.4%。

进一步分析就会发现我国制造业本身就不具备国际竞争力,一段时间以来都处于停滞阶段,而且许多企业都是外向型出口企业,全球经济前景黯淡,随之而来的就是出口放缓。农业除了经济作物之外,其他都长期被忽视;服务业受到全球金融危机影响及国内通货膨胀影响,必然会有所收缩。

近几年,政府公布的经济增长率虽然都超过4%,但普罗大众似乎没能从经济增长的“大氛围”中受益,许多人仍然“感觉”到生活的艰难。许多人没有看懂眼花缭乱的数据,也不怎么信服国家经济正在增长。

我们可以看到帮人融资借款的广告满天遍地、闲置甚至是荒芜的楼房不断增多、商场的人流不断减少、薪金收入多年没有变化、出去用餐的次数减少、甚至是今年农历新年期间燃放鞭炮烟花的数量大幅度减少。群众的眼睛是“雪亮”的,我们可以感觉到真实经济生活里的变化。

当高通货膨胀率、高失业率及低经济增长率同时存在时,会是怎样一番景象呢?经济学里有个名词:停滞膨胀(Stagflation)。如果马来西亚真的出现这种情况,那将非常考验政府了,因为任何政策出台,其收益及受害的人都不在少数。

美国人多年来建立在“大房”跟“大车”的美国梦,因为次级贷危机,许多美国人的“大房”梦碎了;后来因为高油价,许多美国人的“大车”梦也不能完成。那我们呢?我们马来西亚梦又在那里?

Speedy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.